Sunday, June 7, 2015

Because We Say So

When people ask me to pray for them, I am excited and I am humbled. I am always careful to pray as heartfelt and as passionately for someone else as I do for myself. I do this because I believe that God loves us equally. And we all have the power of faith, hope and believing that we can be better.

My refuge and my help come from my faith. I am asked daily, ":How do you do it?" My response is, "Because I trust that God chose me to endure and being chosen to endure is a blessing." Everyday is not SUNSHINE and RAINBOWS! I feel weak and I feel lost so many times. I feel as if NOBODY cares about me sometimes. I know what it feels like to want to be better and feel as if it will never happen. So please do not mistake my constant ability to praise God as my inability to feel like I am in this by myself at times. I am human. I am sick. I am enduring daily. But I never blame God for it. There is nobody to blame.

The truth is some of us are hurting and sick and abandoned and tormented and haunted and abused and mistreated over and over again. We start to feel like God is a concept. A concept that many people understand and believe in and many people just don't connect with. I will never force my beliefs on anyone. At the same time, I expect the same respect in return.

I speak a great deal about my faith. I am proud to say that I am blessed and favored by God. However, I understand that so many people do not believe in the same God as I do. Some people do not have the faith that I have. I understand that many have loved and honored God at one point in their life and for whatever reason, circumstance, or situation they fell away from that love. Not because they wanted to but because they felt as if in those moments of their deepest need, it was as if God left them.

I will never tell an atheist that I am better than they are or that my life is greater than theirs, If I trust and believe in God then I believe in his word and his word says that he loves everyone of us Ephesians 2:4.5 "But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved " It would not afford me to be a hypocrite and tell people that the God I believe in does not believe in them because they do not believe in him. If that makes sense.











I come across so many people that are not looking to be saved from the world. They simply want to be healed. They want to feel better. They want to know that the pain and the sadness is temporary. Many of my friends trust and believe in the universe and that healing can be manifested through all things positive. Positive energy, positive thoughts, healthy eating, and meditation. I don't disagree with that. I believe that the more you stay focused on what is good in your life, the more good will come.

It would be so nice to tell all the people I know that are endring that a specific day and time will come and they will receive the healing they desire. I can't say that. I can say that if you would only allow your spirit (we all have one) to override your mind and just take in what you enjoy and what makes you happy. There will come a time when you will feel as if some repairing of your spiritual self has taken place, 

Everything cannot be fixed on the surface. Sometimes, you have to take things apart to get to where the broken piece is or the pain is or the wires are disconnected. As we get to that inner issue, we begin to see a difference on the outside. That doesn't mean I will ever walk unassisted again! It doesn't mean I am HEALED from my illnesses. It means that I see and I understand my circumstances in a new way. 
So I truly hope that anyone that is in need of healing and restoration in their life would look to their spirit first. How do I feel about my situation? What am I still able to do? What do I have to be grateful for? What positive things have happened even though something negative started it? There is happiness to be found in the saddest moments. There  is Joy to be found under some of the rocks and boulders along our path.. 

I am not in the business of converting anyone. I am not in the business of convincing anybody. I allow my life to speak for itself. If that means that something I say or do or share encourages you to believe in God or makes you feel like there is a God. I have done more than enough. HOPE is available to us all. So no matter what you are dealing with I just ask you to NEVER give up on HOPE. Your hope and My faith are the reasons we will get better physically, emotionally, and spiritually.The POWER to Believe that we are capable of getting better, not because the doctor or the therapist says so but because we SAY SO. 

Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment