Sunday, February 10, 2013

Listening For A Word

I have had to deal with fatigue and insomnia in the last 14 years of my life. I struggle to go to sleep and battle to stay asleep. At the same time I feel like a wet dishcloth most days. It is often the sleepless nights that I connect with God. So I am grateful in a way for the insomnia. I try to pray many times a day. But praying and listening are two separate things. Sometimes I think one is needed for the other to work.
So I have started having conversations with God and not just praying. Imagine you are talking to a friend. The conversation is mostly you talking and asking and complaining. The friend never gets a word in. We have to learn to listen to what God is saying to us.
Those late nights and early mornings that have you tossing and turning may be God saying, "Listen." For many people that is the only time that God has them all to himself. When the house is quiet and everyone else is asleep that is your time to renew, reflect, rejuvenate, and reconnect.
Life throws us so many blows. So many twist and turns. It is comforting to know that we have that time to be alone with the Lord. So on those long days that seem like they never end. Remind yourself that there will be a time when you can have a one on one with the best friend in the world. We need that. Even if you think you don't, I challenge you to give it a try. Do NOT spend that time Worrying about Tomorrow, or trying to FORGET about Yesterday. Spend that time Listening and Connecting with God.There is a Blessing in the Quiet, Open Your Heart, Tune In Your Spirit and Close off Your Mind. God is SPEAKING Life, Prosperity, and Elevation when Everyone else is SILENT. Listen for A Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment