Monday, September 1, 2014

Why Blame God

The majority of people that know me, know me as a spiritual person. They know that I discuss everything with God and I believe that God gives the Universe permission to send us all that we need including Kama.
I have a great deal of talks and conversations with people that ask me why I think God allows people to suffer and die and go hungry. I think long and hard before responding but when I do respond I usually get the strangest look. I usually start with, "Why blame God?"




I am not going to use that story here however. The reason is mostly because people in 2014 seem to have a hard time relating to the people in the Bible. It is a fantastic example of strength and loyalty but I can probably use some of our lives to  make the same point.

I tell my kids all the time about children that are starving in other countries. My 6 year old finally asked me "Why?" I responded, "Why what?" He responded, "Why are they starving?" So one day we sat down and I explained to him that God created us all and loves us all. I told him that we as humans have a connection to one anther that allows us to feel empathy and compassion for one another;s situations ad circumstances. He asked, "What is that connection called Mama?" I smiled and said "the human condition."

I looked it up so that I was clear in my definition. The human condition encompasses the unique features of being human, particularly the ultimate concerns of human existence. It can be described as the unalterable part of humanity that is inherent and innate to human beings and not dependent on factors such as gender, race, culture, or class. It includes concerns such as the meaning of life, the search for gratification, the sense of curiosity, the inevitability of isolation, and the awareness of the inescapability of death. In essence, the human condition is the self-awareness of being human and understanding we all experience the same circumstances to one degree or another,
'
Once we broke it down, I asked him did he get it. He said "yes/" So I went ahead and told him that even though there are many of us that have not experienced starvation, we know or we can imagine what it is like. We as humans should want to help people that are starving, homeless, lost, feeling unloved and so on. God allows these things that we think are so bad to happen because God expects us to look after one another. He expects us to donate our time, our money, our experiences to anyone that we know is suffering. It blesses their lives and ours. That ability to love and help our fellow man without regard to color, gender or culture is why we are here.

We hear people say what they would do for starving kids in Africa if they had money to do so. When in actuality they could help the kids living in shelters in their own town by just donating their time. We focus on the BIG PICTURE but we don't realize that in those smaller pictures are our towns, our neighbors, our lives and our opportunities to make a difference. Could God put an end to suffering? I believe he could. Just as I believe he could heal me and cure illnesses and prevent pain. But I truly believe God wants us to do for each other many of the things we expect him to do.

I can pass a man with no shoes on my way home from work. Then I can pray for him all the way home. The other thing I could do is stop by a store and pick him up a pair of shoes. I could tell everyone that goes out to hand out sandwiches to the homeless how great they are or I could hand out sandwiches to the homeless. We have to learn to be responsible for someone else. We pray that things will get better but if there is anything we can do to help, we need to do it.

I pay close attention to how my family and friends have changed since I became sick. Some of them have become so helpful and attentive and some have simply walked away. I realize that God is not just using my illness to speak to me but the people around me as well. I use to pray for healing all the time. But as I watched my husband change and my sons grow, I saw God doing something in their lives through my life. I have had some of the most selfish and inconsiderate people I know turn 180 degrees since I was placed in my situation. They take me to doctors appointments, bring food to my kids, just about anything you can imagine. That is God using OUR CONNECTION to bless them and bless me. This is what he wants us to do for one another. My loss of eyesight strengthened my husband My loss of mobility taught my kids compassion and a desire to help. I started having seizures and my children are growing in protection and grown to trust God.

I do not have all the answers but I do know that God has expectations of us just as we do of him!!  I will even say this. If you do not believe there is a God. That feeling you have to reach out to another human being or help someone get over a hurdle or up a mountain, That was placed in you for a reason. We have to act on our connection. We have to never turn on God because we feel he isn't coming fast enough. Someone is witnessing your situation or involved in your circumstance and their life is being changed.

I have always been a giver. I share all that I have. Material possessions never find a real connection in my home because if someone ask me for it they can have it. I am the same way with my life. I share my time, my energy, my emotions with my fellowman because I can not escape the connection God has given us. Stop worrying so much about WHY God allows things to be a certain way.Stop blaming him for all that is wrong in the world. Let's just start taking a  little more responsibility for each other. Start asking yourself What can I do to change this and watch as things begin to change.

Blessings

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post! Thank you for your insights. You are truly an amazing person and I believe you have absolutely hit the nail on the head with this post. I needed it today!!

    May God continue to bless you and all of us!

    www.homesbythecase.blogspot.com is my blog address if you are interested in reading our story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate the support! I will be checking out your blog as well. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete